at Skokie Public Library
From time to time, both full and part time job openings occur. Positions include supervisory and non-supervisory, librarians, information assistants, computer assistants, catalogers, shelvers, clerks, and maintenance personnel.
Part-time volunteer opportunities are also available at Skokie Public Library. These opportunities may be regularly scheduled, or may occur on an as-needed basis for special projects. Anyone over the age of 14 may apply to be a volunteer. Volunteer opportunities may include reading to the blind, helping patrons use computers, clerical responsibilities, assisting children with crafts, helping librarians plan programming for teens or other patrons, or cleaning library videos.
Applications for paid positions are only accepted for positions listed below. Applications for volunteer positions are available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm in the Administration Office on the third floor of the Library. Completed applications are kept on file for one year and are often the primary source for filling job openings.
The Skokie Public Library is looking for a web savvy, user-focused Content Strategy Coordinator. As a member of the Virtual Community Engagement department, you will help formulate strategic priorities for the library’s online channels including websites, blogs, and social media. You will be responsible for planning and managing content contributions from library staff, writing crisp and clear content, maintaining online content and style guidelines, running the library’s social media channels, analyzing performance metrics, and doing user research and testing to validate our strategies. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a collaborative approach to work, and a passion for books, media, and libraries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates content for the library’s online presences (i.e., website, social media).
- Manages projects.
- Frequently collaborates with colleagues throughout the library.
- Engages with community through special projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of library and other relevant industries (e.g., education, technology, and publishing).
- Prepares statistics and reports for management review.
- Provides direction/training for other library employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field. MLIS preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience planning and creating digital content.
- Proven ability to train and coordinate content contributors.
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Familiarity with user research and testing methods.
- Familiarity with gathering and analyzing website and content performance metrics.
- Familiarity with libraries and an avid reader preferred.
Salary range of $52,435 to $78,653
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three samples of content that demonstrate ability to create clear, effective, measurable, and user-focused content to:
Beth Dostert, Manager of Human Resources
Skokie Public Library
5215 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Send an message to Beth Dostert
No phone calls, please. Position is open until filled.
Check us out!
Skokie Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, located just west of the Skokie Village Hall.