Attempted Nazi March of 1977 and 1978 in Skokie
Procedure used to digitize our document collection
Briefly, our digitization procedure for this project was as follows:
- Items were scanned using the Agfa Arcus II flatbed scanner provided for the digitization project by the North Suburban Library System grant.
- Adobe Photoshop was used to clean up the resultant image; the item was then saved in Tagged-Image File Format (TIFF).
- The image was then imported to Adobe Exchange, interpreted as text with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software, compared and corrected against the original document, and saved as a PDF (Portable Document Format) file.
- The content of the document was abstracted and cataloged through assignment of subject headings and other descriptive information.
- The PDF file and associated catalog record were then submitted to North Suburban Library System for inclusion in the Digitization Project database.