Hockey Books for Kids of All Ages
Visit the the Youth Services "Ask Here" desk for help in finding these hockey books and others like them.
- Gauthier, Bertrand. Zachary in the Championships.
JX Picture Book
- When Zachary’s father oversleeps, he comes close to missing his team’s championship game.
- Maloney, Peter. The Magic Hockey Stick.
JX Picture Book
- When Wayne Gretsky’s hockey stick is sold at an auction, he begins to lose his magic touch until a young girl helps him out.
- Stevenson, James. Sam the Zamboni Man.
JX Picture Book
- Matt’s grandfather is the Zamboni driver for hockey games and when Matt goes to visit him, he is in for a surprise!
- Brooks, Bruce. Wolfbay Wings (series).
- A series full of hockey action and surprise endings that will the reader hungry for the next book.
- Christopher, Matt. Cool as Ice.
- Chris, who is small for his age, is picked to be on an all-star hockey team where he overcomes prejudice and develops strong friendships.
- Dadey, Debbie. Frankenstein Doesn’t Slam Hockey Pucks.
- Bailey City is filled with some unusual grown-ups, but could the new hockey coach actually be Frankenstein?
- DeClements, Barthe. Tough Loser.
- Mike is a terrific hockey player on a horrible team, but if he can’t stop being a tough loser, he might just lose his place on the team.
- Korman, Gordon. The Chicken Doesn’t Skate.
- Wild things happen at the South Middle School when Milo's science project, Henrietta the chicken, becomes the hockey team's mascot and their only chance for a winning season.
- Krensky, Stephen. Arthur and the Goalie Ghost.
JM Fiction KRE
- Arthur and his hockey teammates, as well as the ghost of the greatest goalie of all time, help out when Buster worries he'll never be as good a goalie as his hero.
- Lynch, Chris. Iceman.
- Eric is one of his team’s best players, fast and dangerous, but could he be too violent for hockey?
- Marzollo, Jean. Hockey Hero.
- Hal joins a new hockey team and learns that scoring goals is not as important as enjoying the game.
- Warner, Gertrude Chandler. The Hockey Mystery.
- When a famous hockey player comes to town to open his own rink, the Boxcar Children must discover who is trying to stop his plans!
- Avery, Joanna. Two Many Men on the Ice: women's hockey in North
- Not all hockey players are men as this book shows the history of women playing the sport.
- Duplacey, James. A Century of Hockey Heroes: 100 of the Greatest
NHL All-Time Stars.
- Using both statistics and photographs, this book chronicles 100 of the greatest hockey players in history.
- Jensen, Julie. Beginning Hockey.
- Teaches how to do everything from pass, check, shoot, and power skate as well the basic rules of hockey.
- Muskat, Carrie. The Composite Guide to Hockey.
- Includes the stories of great hockey players as well as the history and facts of the game.
- Rockwell, Bart. World’s Strangest Hockey Stories.
- Filled with unusual and funny stories, from the time a fan threw a squid at the referee to the time the Montreal Canadiens left the Stanley Cup on the side of the road.
- Rossiter, Sean. Hockey, The NHL Way: Basics.
- An illustrated guide of hockey tips and skills practiced by the stars of the NHL.
- Sullivan, George. All About Hockey.
- Provides an overview of hockey, explaining basic rules, equipment, terms, as well as skills and techniques needed to succeed.