Computer Resources for Children
Terms of Internet Access
The following rules are for everyone's safety and to show respect for everyone in the Library. If you do not follow these rules, you could lose your Internet privileges. If you have any questions, or if there is something you don't understand, please ask a Library staff person to explain.
Library Internet Rules
- We expect you to be on your best behavior when using the Internet computers.
- Certain behavior is unacceptable on the Library's Internet computers:
- Any activity that is against the law. This includes logging on to inappropriate website, sending files or messages that the law would consider obscene or illegal, or threatening to hurt another person or group of people.
- Invading another person's privacy. This includes stealing passwords, signing on using another person's identity, or pretending that you are someone else on the Internet.
- Breaking into computer security. This includes trying to find out or use a Library password.
- Doing anything to damage any part of the computer or the software that runs the computer.
- Loading software onto the computer.
Internet Safety Rules for Kids
- Never give out any personal information about yourself, your friends, or your family. Personal information includes things like your full name, your address, phone number, school name, town, little league team name, or information about your parents. When you are using the Internet from the Library, personal information is also the name, address, or phone number of the Library.
- Do not respond to any messages that are mean or make you feel uncomfortable. It is not your fault if you get a message like that. If you do, tell a Library staff person right away.
- Never agree to get together with someone you "meet" online without first checking with a parent. If your parent agrees to the meeting, be sure that the meeting is in a public place and always bring your parent with you.
- Never send a person your picture or anything else without first checking with a parent.
- Tell a Library staff person right away if you see any information that makes you feel uncomfortable.