Skokie Public Library Toolbar
We are committed to the privacy and security of our users.
The Skokie Public Library Toolbar is safe to install and use, is unobtrusive, easy to deactivate and remove, and does not transmit any information in that can identify a user. Unidentifiable statistics are sent to our toolbar management system regarding use of toolbar features. These statistics do not contain any personal identification. Toolbar users can disable statistical data transfer at any time. We do not match individual users with their specific Web or toolbar usage. Our toolbar does only what it's supposed to do: help you use our website more effectively. The Skokie Public Library Toolbar DOES NOT:
- spy on your browsing habits.
- transfer any personally identifiable information such as a name or an email address.
- launch pop-up or pop-under advertisements.
- modify pages you visit.
- block uninstallation. Skokie Public Library Toolbar can be removed in seconds with a standard uninstaller.
- create security holes or make it easier for other people or programs to access your computer.
- sell or rent your email address and other personal information.
When used, the toolbar sends unidentifiable usage statistics regarding use of its features to the service that powers the toolbar. No IP addresses are stored. A unique ID is used solely for the purpose of knowing how many people are actively using the toolbar and this ID is not transferred along with any specific usage information or during any other use of the toolbar. All statistic information is securely stored at the service that powers the toolbar and is accessible only by the company. This information is used in order to improve the overall toolbar experience based on how the toolbar is being used.
This following usage information is transferred during use of the toolbar:
- searching from the toolbar
- clicking on a toolbar button
- opening a drop down menu
- clicking on an item in the drop down menu
- opening the main toolbar menu
- opening the Weather Forecaster (when used)
- opening the Email Notifier (when used)
The bottom line is this: The Skokie Public Library Toolbar DOES NOT SPY on its users. Anonymous statistics are used to improve the toolbar based on how it is being used.